This article is about a non-fiction entity related to the Astronist belief system or the Astronic tradition.
Any article relating to a fictional entity will be clearly marked as being part of the Spacefaring World.
Part of a series on
|Main attributed works|
|Omnidoxy · The Grand Centrality · The Grand Lexicon · Dictionary of Astronism · Cometanic Encyclopaedia of Astronism|
|Cometan in Astronism|
States and experiences
| Cometan in art|
|Cometan in history|
| Chronology of Cometan · Historical Cometan · Historicity · Criticism of Cometan|
|Beliefs and perspectives|
|Cometanocentrism · Removalism|
|List of Cometan website urls · List of Kometan website urls|
Forms and requirements of surography
Two forms of surography are considered to exist including religious surography and non-religious surography. For a text and author to be considered surographical, they must have demonstrated at least five of the following eight characteristics:
- Considerable body of new terms (neologisms) invented
- Extensive length (usually over 500,000 words)
- Known to have experienced indrucies
- Little to no prior knowledge on the subjects
- Prodigy of the subject matter
- Showing signs of visionary or ecstatic experience
- Writing on subject's not written by others
- Written as though in another language or sentence structure
Examples of figures considered to have exhibited religious surography include:
Some arguments put forward in favour of the Omnidoxy being a preternatural work of surography by Cometan include:
- Cometan had received no education or formal training the subjects of theology and philosophy.
- Cometan created an extensive set of neologisms as part of the Omnidoxy.
- Cometan experienced a multiple of indrucies during his writing of the Omnidoxy.
- At times in the Omnidoxy, Cometan wrote as though he was writing in another language which makes some part of the Omnidoxy difficult to read.
- Cometan demonstrated signs of ecstasy and visionary through the way he spoke about his spiritual relationship with The Cosmos and his prophesying of future events.
- Cometan wrote on subjects of cosmic philosophy and aspects of theology and philosophy not yet written by others.
- Cometan was seventeen years old when he began writing the Omnidoxy making him a prodigy of the subject matter.
- The extensive length of the Omnidoxy at 2 million words written by a single author.
Examples of non-religious surography include: