This article is about a non-fiction entity related to the Astronist belief system or the Astronic tradition.
Any article relating to a fictional entity will be clearly marked as being part of the Spacefaring World.
Part of a series on the
|Forms of religion|
Aspects of religion
|Approaches to religion|
| Astronist naturalism · Astronist supernaturalism · Companarianism · Habitualism · Preternaturalism · Selectivism · Tactilism|
|Astronist theories of religion|
|Ambiguation principle · Disproportionalism · Diversity of Thought · Flipping The Table theory · Narrative-Conceptual Spectrum · Narrativity · Open market · Three Word model · Too Transcendent To Fail|
|Related topics and disciplines|
|Astronic metaphilosophy · Disseminology · Incremology · Linealogy · Linguistic theology · Metaphilosophy · Preternology · Religious semantics · Surography|
This term has become important in the context of the field of study known as comparative figures as it has allowed us to compare the differences between
Actions classified as preternatural from all the different religions include:
- Apparitions (e.g. Marian apparitions at Fátima, Christophanies, and Mariophanies)
- Divination (e.g. Astrology, oracle and other methods)
- Enlightenment (e.g. Siddhartha Guatama in Buddhism)
- Exorcism (e.g. Jesus in Christianity)
- Faith healing (e.g. Jesus in Christianity)
- Indrucy and inspiration (e.g. Cometan in Astronism)
- Messianism (e.g. Jesus as the Messiah)
- Precognition and prophecy
- Self-mortification (e.g. Siddhartha Guatama in Buddhism)
- Stigmata (e.g. Padre Pio)
- Surography (abnormal writing ability) (e.g. Cometan's authorship of the Omnidoxy)
- Transverberation – religious ecstasy
- Visionary and ecstasy (achieved through meditation, drugs, lucid dreams, daydreams, or forms of art e.g. Saint Bernadette, Hildegard of Bingen, Cometan, Joseph Smith)
- Weeping prayer
- Weeping status (e.g. statues of the Virgin Mary)
Main article: Astronist preternaturalism
Cometan's preternaturality or the miracles of Cometan has been a topic of great debate within Astronism since the biography of Cometan began to circulate and his proclamations of indrucy and surography emerged. These two phrases refer to a collection of beliefs involving Cometan as holding or demonstrating abilities that are verified as being preternatural.
Cometan has been verified as demonstrating two preternatural abilities by the Astronist Institution, the first of which is the series of indrucies that he experienced during his adolescent years throughout The Founding of Astronism era.
The second of Cometan's verified miracles or preternatural abilities is his surographical ability which is the ability to write extensively on a subject in circumstances of difficulty, such as being young, or having little knowledge on the subject, or writing an extensive piece in a short amount of time.