This article is about a non-fiction entity related to the Astronist belief system or the Astronic tradition.
Any article relating to a fictional entity will be clearly marked as being part of the Spacefaring World.
In Cometanology, an incumbential event is an event in the life of Cometan provided particular attention and gravity by the Astronist Institution as being pivotal or otherwise significant either to the founding, development or establishment of Astronism, or for the inspiration and enlightenment of Astronists globally regarding the life of Cometan. Incumbential events serve as important signifiers of milestones in the life of Cometan and it is common custom for them to be illustrated for devotional, inspiratory and historiographical purposes.
Cometan’s life is split into six major periods, each of which include a different number of incumbential events. These periods are in chronological order:
- Early life of Cometan – events occurring in the life of Cometan before the age of eleven.
- Adolescent life of Cometan – events occurring in the life of Cometan between the age of eleven and fifteen.
- Incumbency of Cometan – events occurring in the life of Cometan between 1st July 2013 and the end of his padroncy.
- Retiral life of Cometan – events occurring in the life of Cometan following his retirement from his padroncy and public life.
- Latter life of Cometan – events occurring during and shortly before the death of Cometan
- Post-corporeality of Cometan – events occurring after the death of Cometan