This is an official definition authorised by the Astronist Institution.
the process by which a new religion, philosophy, political ideology, or social movement assembles a historiography to provide itself with greater legitimacy, for example, Cometan’s establishment of the Astronic tradition’s historiography to promote the legitimacy of Astronism.
- Historify | ˈhɪst(ə)rɪfi | verb
- Historifying | ˈhɪst(ə)rɪfʌɪɪŋ | present participle
- Historified | ˈhɪst(ə)rɪfʌɪd | past participle
- Historifier | ˈhɪst(ə)rɪfʌɪə | noun
Origin and etymology
- Astro-English: from Astronese, the word history, denoting a past time period, combined with the suffix -ification denoting a process or action; meaning ‘the creation of history.’