a peripheral form of Astronic religion centring on the affirmation of the existence of extraterrestrial beings and the incorporation of this central notion into an array of complex belief systems, many of which also holding centrally the belief that extraterrestrial beings possess theological and philosophical insight beyond the current capacity of humanity.
- Exotheist | ˌɛksəʊθiːɪst | adjective & noun
- Exotheistic | ˌɛksəʊθiːɪstɪk | adjective
- Exotheistical |ˌ ˌɛksəʊθiːɪstɪk(ə)l | adjective
- Exotheistically | ˌɛksəʊθiːɪstɪk(ə)li | adverb
Origin and etymology
- Astro-English: from Astronese, the prefix exo-, denoting externality, conjoined with the word theism denoting a belief in god or gods; meaning ‘a belief system based on beings external to humanity.’ Exotheism is the belief system whose root practice is exotheology; that is, the theological discipline dealing with religious implications and religious about extraterrestrial life.