This article is about a non-fiction entity related to the Astronist belief system or the Astronic tradition.
Any article relating to a fictional entity will be clearly marked as being part of the Spacefaring World.
Part of a series on
|Designation and identity|
|Organised philosophy · Appellations · Astronist philosophy of religion|
|Disciplines of Astronism · Outline of Astronism · History of Astronism|
Branches of Astronism are forms of Astronism characteristic of a particular region or ethnic group that have interpreted Astronism in a way that mainly corresponds to Institutional Astronism but may also hold differences due to the effects of syncretisation. Often, Astronist branches form when the people group or country do not speak the mother language of Astronism which is English.
A denomination is a designation provided to a distinct group of followers of Astronist philosophy that identify under a common name, usually in alignment with their mother tongue, and although they may share different practices and beliefs that are common amongst their denomination, a denomination must not be confused with a tradition, a movement, or the non-Millettarian definition of a denomination which is markedly more defined and autonomously governed than a denomination within Astronism.
Examples of denominations within Astronism include Hanazavaism (Madagascan Astronism), Bamphluism (Cambodian Astronism), and Tanwirism (Arab Astronism) which are expected to hold different concepts and practices, primarily due to differences in translation and meaning, but their classification stills remains as part of Astronim despite their dissociation with the terms of Astronism and Astronist. Crucially, denominations of Astronism still remain under the direct jurisdiction of the Astronist Institution which is also defining factor between the Astronist definition of a denomination and the non-Astronist definition.
Another aspect of importance to note is that the terms below are used only for internally by the Astronist Institution to refer to different regions of the worldwide. These denominational terms are not used by the people to refer to Astronism.
In the context of the study of Astronism according to its denominations, the term Astronism itself denotes only the English version of the religion. The denomination of Astronism largely refers to the English-speaking world, but it remains important to note that the term Astronism is used in all tiritive and promulgative materials produced by the Astronist Institution no matter the difference in terminology used in a particular country as an alternative to the word Astronism.
- (United States, American Samoa, Antigua, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, United Kingdom, Bermuda, Anguilla, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Isle of Man, Montserrat, Canada, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Irish, Jamaica, Kiribati, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Malta, Samoa, France and all French territories, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Monaco, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Haiti, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Wallis and Futuna)
Main article: Dà Qǐshì
- (Mongolia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and Chinese diaspora)
Main article: Illuminazionism
- (Italy, San Marino, Vatican City)
Main article: Iluminacism
- (Spain, Andorra, Portugal, as well as Angola, Mozambique, Peru, Brazil, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Cuba, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Cape Verde, and São Tomé and Príncipe)
Main article: Panafrism
- All sub-saharan Africa
Main article: Prosvecism
- (Russia, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Abkhazia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, Bulgaria, Albania, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania)
Main article: Saamism
- South Asian Astronism –– (Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, and all forms of Indian Astronism)
Main article: Setarism
- (Iranian Astronism, Afghan Astronism, and all forms of Pakistani Astronism)
Main article: Tanwirism
- the Arab world
Main article: Verlinism
- (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Denmark, Greenland, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Norway, South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Faroe Islands, Aubra, Bonaire, Curaçao, Suriname and Iceland)
Main article: Vũism
- South East Asian Astronism (Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei)
Main article: Astronism by country
- אסטרוניזם – Israel
- Evrenism – Turkey
- Astérismós - Greece and Cyprus
- Hanazavaism - Madagascar
- Cheonmungyo - Korea
- Asutoronkyō - Japan
- Astronîzm - Kurdistan