relating to or espousing Astronism, either by philosophy, spirituality or religion, but less so by ideology (which is usually referred to by the term Astronarian).
1. a person who self-identifies as a believer in, or follower of, Astronism.
2. a person who believes that the mastery of their astronality (a person's spiritual or existential relationship with the astronomical world) is the most important aspect of life; informally called an astro-seeker.
- Astronistic | əsˈtrɒnɪstɪk | adjective
- Astronistical | əsˈtrɒnɪstɪk(ə)l | adjective
Origin and etymology
- Astro-English: from Astronese, the prefix astron-, denoting the astronomical world, combined with the suffix -ist denoting a follower of a system; meaning ‘follower of the astronomical world.’